Saturday, March 21, 2009

IPhone Users Beware!


Jake (4 yrs) has had a love affair with our IPhones since we purchased them a few months ago.  There are lots of free kids games you can download from the many applications available.  I started noticing that he was pretty obsessed with playing them pretty early on.  Jake has an obsessive personality like his daddy which is definitely not a bad thing.  It makes for a pretty smart individual, but it can be bad in certain areas.  This is why I am hesitant to get a gaming system i.e. the Wii or a Leapster for our home.  I know we can have "screen time", and all that business, I just don't know if I am up for the battle.  Anyway, we have noticed that some of the games on the iphone have ads that come along with them.  We have been watching Jake very closely while he is playing, but the other day a questionnaire came up that asked "Are you a flirt, yes or no?"!  Really!  It's a kids game.  Needless to say, there will be no more playing games on our phones.  No telling what will come up when we aren't looking.  CRAZY that we have to think about that while our child is playing a matching game!  The handheld leapster is looking a lot better right about now.  But, it's going to take a lot of convincing for me!

2 comments:

Bethany Gaddis said...

Ok so Jason=Nathan and Jake=Jaxon and I = you in all of this mess. Crazy how similar our families are!

Unknown said...

Hi Mrs. Barton,
I know that this might seem a little weird, but I don't know what else to do.
I have been wanting to get in touch with Jason since I saw the concert in Wheaton, MO. It was awesome, by the way. I like to sing in my church from time to time and I really would like to sing the song "Apoligize". However, I have not been able to locate an accompaniement (sp. ?) cd with that music. Also, I have not succeeded in finding a way to get in touch with Jason. Do you have any ideas on getting this type of item? You or Jason can contact me on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1478566465&ref=profile) or email iwilluntil@gmail.com.
Thank you so much! Have a very happy Easter!

Chris