Saturday, January 3, 2009

Family...the pic sums it up!


This picture from Christmas is of all of the little cousins.  It is impossible to get one of everyone sitting still and smiling at the same time!  The pic includes my two boys, my sister's 10 year old Jana, and her 7 year old Josh, and my cousin Laurie's 3 little ones...Jack 4 (him and Jake are big buds!), Camille almost 2 (going on 20), and baby Henry almost 4 months!  Yes, my cousin had her last two very close together.  I was not about to keep up with that!  Anyway, they all love each other very much, and it is such a blast to be home and see them all together.  It always makes me sad that we don't live closer to them.  I grew up playing with Laurie and her brothers and sisters (well mostly babysitting them since I am so old), and I cherish the memories I have with them!  My sister...well, she is the best and so are her children!  They love our boys and miss them so much!  But, even though we are so far away we keep in touch often and are giving each other advice on a constant basis!  There is nothing better than family, and I am so thankful that I have such a wonderful extended family too.  My cousins are just like brothers and sisters, and my aunt is like a second mom to me!  Last year was a rough year for our family with the death of my grandmother, and the ailments that it brought on the daughters that bore the brunt of it,  but I think it has all brought us all closer together!  I am looking forward to a new year and making new memories with my wonderful family!!!

1 comment:

Our Cunningham Crew said...

That was so sweet. I almost cried, but Camille came and ruined the moment. Love you!