Saturday, January 31, 2009

PLEASE DON'T LEAVE!!!


Doesn't he look so sweet and innocent!  Well, last night before my man headed back out on the road my 4 yr. old (Jake) started giving him a hard time.  "Please don't leave daddy!, I don't want mommy, I want you!  I don't want you to go!!!"  Then it progressively got worse.  We have sort of been expecting this for a few weeks because it has seemed to take a little longer for Jase to be able to get out of the door because of extra hugs and kisses.  But, we are talking lots more than extra hugs and kisses.  This was death grip, screaming, crying, hands and feet pushing on the outside of the van while Jason was trying to get him in his car seat.  MAJOR!  I felt a little sorry for the neighbors.  It sounded like someone was hurting the poor boy!  By the time Jason finally got him in the car seat and strapped it (which took a while, the kid is strong), I was hysterical!  Thankfully Jake didn't see me, but Jason not only had to deal with a crazy 4 year old, but a crazy wife too!  It was just so sad to see him react that way.  I know that daddy being on the road as much as he is will affect our children.  I am just hoping that we can turn this around, and not allow it to affect them negatively.  It just so happened that our small group leaders were at a meeting that I had to be in at church after the drama.  I was able to get some good advice on how to deal with it the next time!  Gotta love the life of an artist!  Sometimes it can be so fun, but sometimes it just really stinks!!!

4 comments:

Our Cunningham Crew said...

Hang in there. Some people say that you and I used to act like that. I don't know what they were talking about.

Dionna said...

Yah - that's really tough on a parent. But I bet your child bounced back quicker than you did - they have the amazing ability to be flexible.

I have no doubt you'll work through this together as a family and be stronger because of it. :)

Anonymous said...

Um...hello???!!! You didn't tell me about this! How awful!!! Ugh.. Every morning when she wakes up or after she has seen me for a few minutes starts yelling "Dah-dah" and looking for him to come out of the bedroom. Aren't they supposed to be used to this???

Hugs said...

Something to look forward to, yay. :)