Tuesday, January 27, 2009

We're Back!


Well, we have actually been back from our work/vacation for a week but it's not unusual that I am just now getting around to posting.  We had a BLAST!  The cruise was so much fun, and the boys absolutely LOVED the new adventure they were on every day!  They loved Camp Carnival (the little place where the kiddos can go play games, get their face painted, etc.)!  But I think the beach in the Bahamas was their favorite thing.  We have some great video footage of Jake body surfing and Jonah screaming with excitement when the waves would crash up on him.  It was a little colder than normal, but we made the best of it and had fun anyway!   

We definitely had our share of dramatic events take place.  I threw my back out right before getting onto the ship so I couldn't walk the first night, but the next day I was filled with drugs and flying high for the rest of the trip so I was able to enjoy myself.  LOL!  Then while we were in the Bahamas the 33Miles bass player (Aaron) and his wife Rachel got into a scooter accident and he shattered his knee cap.  He managed to play at the concert that night and worship the next morning!  He was flying high too!!!  But, the most dramatic and saddening of all is that one of the morning DJ co-hosts (Ron) from the radio station (88.1 The Promise) we were with on the cruise had a massive heart attack while playing basketball on the ship and died.  He was 33 years old.  It was SO terrible!!!  His wife was on the ship with him.  Her name is Rebecca, so please be in prayer for her as well as his family during this time!

Overall, it was a great experience for our family!  The boys had a blast, and it was so much fun to have all of the grandparents and Jason's sister with us!  Most importantly we were reminded that we are not promised tomorrow or the next 5 minutes for that matter.  Just like the 33Miles song "One Life to Love" says "You only get just one time around...one life to love"!  We desire to make the most of this life that we are given, to be intentional, and love passionately!  

3 comments:

Betty said...

WOW! What an ADVENTURE! I am happy to hear it was a trip to remember!
I am sad to hear of the loss of Ron. Rebecca will be in my prayers.

It is so true...we don't know what tomorrow or the next minute brings. We have no choice but to live and love today with all our heart and soul!

Hugs said...

Wow. We just got back from a cruise, too, where RoF played. A guy from Building 429 told us that the man that died was from Story Side B. Either way, it's a sad event and that family has been in my prayers.
I wish we would have cruised together. I'd love to chat with you sometime.

Jeanie said...

HELLO FROM LOUISIANA Just to let you know I enjoyed your comments as a mother! We caught the 33 Miles concert in Walker, LA. The cd One Life is a blessing and I would like to get the message to your husband and the band. I am in ministry at Life Church in Walker, LA. and I just ordered 2 more cd's. Our little girls took a picture with Jason and the band. Wish I had an autograph too! Be blessed.
IN His Service,
Jeanie