Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Wow, I can't believe it is the beginning of another year.  The time is flying by!  This year was a crazy one that consisted of lots of travel and 2 boys growing up way too fast!  It has been exciting, exhausting, and fulfilling!  Looking back as I approach a new year I have to sum up last year in one word "Survival".  I do feel like we did have a great year, but I feel like I was running in survival mode.  This was the first year that Jason was traveling consistently on average of 4 days a week.  For those of you who have a traveling man understand that IT IS HARD!!!  Meeting the needs of two small children, and taking care of the day to day needs of a household 24/7 gets very demanding at times!  I also am very blessed to have a husband that is very involved, and takes a lot of the load on when he is home.  It is amazing, but makes it a little difficult when he leaves! lol!  All that being said, I am moving into a new year and desiring to move into a new mode.  I don't want to be in survival mode anymore.  I want to feel like I am accomplishing things, and helping my family accomplish things as well.  I would like the word that sums up 2009 to be "Consistent".  I am hopeful that our family and friends will grow together, and love each other well this year!  

3 comments:

Darden Family said...

What a great picture! We miss our neighbors and hope you had a great Christmas and Happy New Year!
Teresa

Unknown said...

Hey Jennifer just wanted to let you know that your twitter account is sending out direct messages to people that I don't think are from you. (They redirect people to a sign in screen that I think in turn steals their twitter identity.)

Betty said...

Happy 2009! Hope all is going strong soooo far!!! You guys are an amazing family and I know this year will be GREAT!!!