Friday, August 15, 2008

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP...

What is up with fire alarms in houses?  One beeps, they all beep.  They start beeping, then stop beeping for a while.  I know the batteries need to be changed, but it is hard to do that at 2:00 in the morning while the kids are sleeping, and the husband is out of town.  Last night this was me.  12am is when the beeping started waking me out of a dead sleep.  Every five minutes....BEEP!  So, I decided to try the reset button on the one that is in Jakes room.  See, the other two alarms that were beeping were in the rooms with like 12 foot ceilings!  Anyway, so I proceeded to grab the first thing I saw to STOP THE BEEPING.  That just happened to be Jakes Star Wars light saber (wow, it's good for something other than fighting his brother!).  I pressed the reset button, which woke Jake up, and headed back to my bed with my fussy boy in tow.  What happened next...30min. later...BEEP!  Oh my!  What am I going to do about these stinking things?  Finally my brain learned how to sleep through it like my precious Jonah bear did, and I woke up to the beautiful noise this morning.  My sweet hubby got to listen to me rant this morning, and then he called one of our friends to come help out before I completely lost my mind.  Hopefully tonight there will be no more beeping!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh girl, I would have been so frustrated! I hate it when that happens in the middle of the night. I am feelin' you on not getting a good night's sleep. Last night I could not fall asleep for the LIFE OF ME and finally did at 3:30 am! Seriously! I guess this is preparing me for when Hopie comes, eh? I will tell my parents you say HELLO for sure. Will you all be in Naples anytime?

Unknown said...

OMW, this totally happened to us the FIRST night we slept in our new home. NO kids (whoohoo, uh uh). Why? Well, not only did we hear the beeps, but apparently the former owners like the voice activated ones. Oh yes, at about 2a.m. we are rudely awoken to that irratating computerized man voice saying, "This is an emergency. A fire has been deteted in your house." Over and over again until we realized that this was not a bad dream, but real.

During the day, all of the fire alarms in the house were going off, too, but they were just the 'beeping' kind. I much prefer that kind to the creepy voice kind.

Jada
www.xanga.com/mezzogirl1974