Friday, August 1, 2008

The last 2 weeks...

The last 2 weeks have ranged from work and exhaustion to vacation and fun!  Our adventure began in Shreveport, LA.  Our trip there was pretty uneventful aside from Jonah taking a little while to figure out that he was going to be stuck in his car seat for 9-10 hours.  There were lots of "up" and "out" words shouted for the first hour or so.  Shreveport consisted of Jake falling of the bed during his nap, trying to keep the kids quiet in the hotel, and a 33Miles concert.  It was scary and fun all in one day.  Fun times!  Then we headed to good ole Gilbert, LA (Jason's hometown).  We left the kids with Jason's parents for a couple of days while I went on the road with Jase.  We had fun traveling, talking, and I always love watching my man do his thing on stage.  It was a crazy schedule, and I once again realized that his life is not easy!  I said more than once "I don't know how you do this every week".  It always gives me a new appreciation for him and the calling that is on our life.  God gives them some serious sustaining power to do what they do!  Once we were done with the road, we headed back to Gilbert and spent some time with the fam before heading down to my parents house in Lake Charles, LA.  The kids and I dropped Jase off at the airport in Lafayette then headed to Nana and Papaw's.  It was a blast as always!  We kept busy by swimming, going back to the airport to get Jase, spending time with our favorite dentist Dr. Bryan, and playing with all of the cousins.  We even managed to throw a surprise 60th birthday party for my dad.  I think he was pretty surprised!!!  After Louisiana, we headed to the beach for some relaxation.  Jason's parents and his sister met us there.  It was beyond amazing!  Can I say, WE LOVE THE BEACH!!!  We also celebrated all of the families July and August birthdays there.  We were on the beach for Jason's actual birthday too which made it even better!  The boys LOVED the sand, and Jake rode a few waves too!  Jason's parents and sister helped a ton with the boys so we were able to really get some good relaxation time.  Thanks Mimi, Pop Pop, and Kris...We love you!!!  All in all it was a great couple of weeks!  We loved having so much time together as a family!  It made it a little harder to say goodbye to daddy today as he headed back out on the road, but he will be home soon!  

2 comments:

kristybee said...

Jen,
Glad you guys are safely home. If you wanna see me check out www.mybookisland.com Hopefully we can meet in person VERY soon!! You have an amazing and beautiful family and God blessed me with your sweet hubby's friendship
Thanks for letting me glimpse your paradise.
Much Love,
Kristy Bee

Anonymous said...

What a precious picture of you boys. That is defiantly classic. I love it. H