Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Big Boy!

For the past few days I have been trying to go through all of Jake and Jonah's toys.  This is a task that I dread, but must do!  I can't stand having too much stuff in my house, and since the boys just had their birthdays the toys have become the majority of that stuff.  Can I say "I hate toys!".  Somedays I really do.  I know, I know they love them, and it makes them happy blah, blah, blah! It just makes me crazy some days to see so many tiny little cars, trucks, airplanes, etc. laying around!  

So, anyway enough of my ranting.  Last night before bedtime it was time to "pick up, pick up" in Jake's (4 yrs.) room.  To my surprise he was actually helping a lot this time.  Usually he becomes a very slow moving child during pick up time while his brother (2 yrs.) does most of the work.  Crazy, I know!  Well, while I was putting Jonah to bed Jake decided to start picking up the bonus room, my bedroom, and the toys downstairs.  I was in total shock!  He was pumped about it, and was like "mommy look I picked up ALL the toys!".  What, is it finally clicking or is this a one time thing?  We will see!  All I know is that my baby is growing up.  I can't believe he is four!  It is a whole new day with him, and I am loving every minute of it!!!  He is a big boy now.  Just ask him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I might make that a blog post too. Confessions of a mom... I hate toys. Yep I see it coming in a few days! I agree with you! H

Erin said...

Jen, So excited that you all have a blog I can "stalk" now too! I love checking blogs! It's been what I do while I am pregnant and not feeling well! :) We are due in 7 weeks - I can hardly believe it! Cannot wait to meet her sweet face. When will you all be back down in Naples? How are things? So good to hear from you@